Creative Business Cup (CBC) is a global business competition held in Copenhagen Denmark annually. This is a competition in which creative and unique startups compete to win the Creative Business Cup. This is more than just a competition as the winner from each country gets to interact and expand their network to more than 80 countries, get exposed to the group of international investors and business experts, strengthen their innovative capabilities, grow their business ideas and get empowered to benefit the larger community.
Creative Business Cup Nepal is a platform under CBC currently managed by Antarprerana. Antarprerana is hosting an event where businesses from creative sectors can pitch their ideas and a winner will be selected, who will represent Nepal in CBC finale in Copenhagen, Denmark.
You can apply in CBC Nepal if you operate in any of the following sectors:
- Craft & Artisan
- Performing Arts
- Radio & Television
- Software, Computer Games & Electronics
- Experiences Technologies
- Film, video & Photography
- Leisure Activities
- Publishing ( for creative industries)
- 3D Printing Maker
- Toys and Games
Your participation in CBC Nepal depends on the following criteria:
- Your core assets of the business is based on creative competencies.
- Your business is commercial and has potential market.
- Your business is solving a problem in the society.
- You own the rights to the idea.
- You are registered as a legal entity in Nepal.
- You have not received more than 1 billion USD investment.
If you are selected in CBC Nepal, you will receive:
- 5 days boot camp from Antarprerana.
- Access to capital through investor-readiness initiatives.
- Critical feedback from other startups, investors and industry experts.
- Capacity building of your organization.
- You will get a chance to represent Nepal in the CBC global finale being held at Copenhagen, Denmark.
- You will extend your networks in the global arena.
- You will get to connect with international experts.
You will get a chance to win cash prizes if you win the national event and get a chance to pitch your business in the global event. Besides, you can improve your access to capital through your access to investor- readiness initiatives.
You cannot apply by just having an idea. You need to become a registered startup company having a creative business idea.
No, there is no such requirements. However, having a dynamic team will be an added asset.
The minimum age criterion to apply for this competition is 18.
You are not required to pay any amount to register in the competition. However, you might be required to pay for your participation in the Boot camp.
No, language will not be an issue. But you are advised to have an English speaking member in your organization.
The national event will run till the end of August, 2018 and CBC global finals will be held in November 2018.
You can apply for CBC Nepal by filling the online registration form available in the website of Antarprerana. You can find the application form here.
You will be directed to the Younoodle platform when you click the link. Here, you can work on your application and submit it once you are done.
You can submit your applications till 31st July 2018 11:59 PM NST.
There is no such requirement. Your business should however be legally registered.
You will receive intensive training on pitching your ideas in the Boot Camp. However, you can do some research on pitching. Practice your pitch. Make it concise, convincing, clear and informative. Market research will also help you understand the problem you are trying to solve.
The airfare and accommodation expenses will be sponsored by Antarprerana for one person who will represent your business in the CBC in Copenhagen, Denmark. However, you are required to bear documentation charges which includes but is not limited to making passports and visa documentation charges.
Yes, you will be receiving training to present your ideas both for the National Event and Global Finale considering that you are selected.
- You will receive a cash prize of 7000 Euros if you win the global event.
- You will get a chance to build networks with global start-ups from more than 80 countries, international investors, global business experts and industry specialists.